Wednesday, March 28, 2018

When blood divide us all: The story of A Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (updated)

 Pe-yo!

Few years ago, I stumble upon a very fascinating book when I was finished reading comic by the title of Gakuen Alice. There was a comment said that she found a book which had a very similar protagonist as the one in this comic and her male counterparts also portrayed much similarly in the beginning. Well I'm sold by the very word she said and immerse myself in the hunt of the said book. It is not very hard to find but rather confusing for the title of the book shares the same name as the queen in Alice in Wonderland (she isn't the same queen, fret not).

I downloaded it. Illegally. ///

I've read it in the matter of a day and I love it. All of it. The characters, plot setting, the process of the world building, everything! Even the plot twist though I was screaming of why it had happened.

Then Victoria Aveyard announce that her debut series would be made of four parts instead of three and many rumors flying in the media saying that Red Queen would be a major moving pictures in year/s to come (it wasn't a rumor anymore, and I'm still waiting when it would be made). Honestly all of this hype makes me so excited and dreamy of all possible outcome for Mare, Mavin and Cal.

After three books passing and waiting for the final installment, I dare to say that Aveyard has a very big plot up on her desk, waiting to be presented to us; readers. Author-nim is a visionary women. She envision that from her previous installment that Mare would go her way without being a stereotyping damsel in distress that need the saving of her prince every time she is in a pinch or that her opinion to be aligned with others so that she can still be together with Cal when she has her very own.

Lesson that I learned from this series (up until the third book in the series) is that woman can have their own power to move on their own, to own their own dream and entitle as much freedom as others no matter the different we are from others. I also learned this many times in my life that being different doesn't meant that we are alone in this world. It's just that we did not met yet a person the same as we are. God created us to be different, a creation of many varieties that ourselves demanded upon to see the world in many other forms that we can be presented. He has given men a path and we only need to walk over it and appreciated it. Do not ravel it. But human can be as pickle as bad sour lemon as can be. We make ourselves blinded of His options when we can be of our own brand of freedom. We can also question him because that is what He wanted. To search and understand. Believe beyond everything else.

When talking about bad blood, it happened to everyone. Not just when someone wears different colour than the other that makes him/her lesser than the others. Even when you are the same as others, people still wanted to see the bad inside of a person insted to see the best of the person. I always apply this principle inside of me, to see the best inside of a person that I met, to give them the chance as I was given by others. Later you will find that hating someone was a lot of energy and tiresome process. It makes the worse in you become more visible and in the blink of your eyes, you become someone that you hate. The endless cycles ends when you realize that the person you hate the most is yourself. So accept the others no matter how bad they can be (though sometimes it just make you want to shred him/her into pieces) just hate him/her for that moment only. Because that makes your everyday life more colourful and varieties. That is another lesson that I learned from this series. It is about accepting and forgiving.

In the latest book that will be coming out later in May 2018, Mare and Cal will be hand in hand to take back what belongs to everyone. I'm so excited. She put her own feelings for the sake of others. Ooohhhh!!

Ps: I did bought Red Queen after that. Search high and low in many bookstores that caught my eyes. You should see how my eyes glow when I saw it's backbone. Only God knows how happy I am that day. Gah! And now I had to wait another few months for the last book to come plus they have announced the cover for it and it was so lit!




No comments:

Post a Comment